The University of California, Merced, stands as an embodiment of the promise of California's future. The tenth campus in the University of California system, UC Merced is diverse, growing, and committed to internationalizing the campus community. Our commitment extends from all corners of the state to all corners of the world.
Beginning with the Fall 2010 class, UC Merced will award a $5,000 per year ($2,500 for the Fall and $2,500 for the Spring) Global Grant to qualified international undergraduate students in UC Merced sponsored F-1 visa status. The grant is offered to offset a portion of UC non-resident tuition and fees for new and transfer international students and is UC Merced's commitment to bringing highly qualified students from all parts of the world to Merced.
To qualify for the grant, students must:
- Be accepted at UC Merced as a registered, full-time undergraduate student. New, transfer and continuing students are eligible.
- Not be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Obtain F-1 visa status sponsored by the University of California, Merced
- Be funded only by personal or family funds (not receiving funding from a scholarship organization, agency or government)
- Maintain continuous, full-time enrollment in good academic standing while at UC Merced (to ensure that the grant is renewed each semester)
All students that meet the above criteria will automatically qualify for the grant and no special application is required. Feel free to direct any questions or student inquiries to the Global Grant e-mail.